The Mexican peso is the legal tender in Mexico, a currency that, overtime, has had to adapt itself to the needs of the market. There are currently nine types of banknotes and nine currencies of different values, going from 5 centavos to 1,000 pesos.
If you are planning on visiting Mexico you can exchange your currency (dollar, euro, pound sterling, etc.) for Mexican pesos at any of the 21 exchange branches that Global Exchange has in the country, some at international airports, others at hotels.
1. Tijuana International Airport (Carretera Aeropuerto S/N Col. Nueva Tijuana, Mesa de Otay, Tijuana, Baja California). This is the fifth busiest airport in Mexico.
2. Benito Juárez International Airport in Mexico City (Capitán Carlos León s/n Colonia Peñón de los Baños Delegación Venustiano Carranza, México City). This airport, first in passenger transportation and most important in the country, is 13 km away from Mexico City.
3. Puerto Vallarta International Airport (Km 7.5 Carretera a Tepic, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco). Located in the municipality of Puerto Vallarta, this airport manages the air traffic in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit.
4. Guadalajara International Airport (Carretera Guadalajara Chapala km 17.5 Tlajomulco de Zuñiga, Jalisco, México City). This airport, third busiest in Mexico, is 16 km outside Guadalajara’s city centre.
5. Del Bajío International Airport (Carretera Silao-Leon KM 5.5, Nuevo Mexico, 36270 Silao, Guanajuato). Located in the municipality of Silao, this airport is an important connecting point for flights going from Mexico to the United States.
6. Toluca International Airport (Domicilio Conocido S/N, local 129-D8 San Pedro Totoltepec, Toluca). This airport connects with national destinations such as Mexicali, Tijuana, Cancun, Guadalajara, Monterrey or Puerto Vallarta.
7. Los Cabos International Airport (Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 43.5, San José del Cabo, Baja California Sur – 23420 Los Cabos). Eleven kilometres away from San José del Cabo, the airport has three terminals, each with eleven rooms.
8. Aguascalientes International Airport (Carretera Panamericana Km. 22, Ejido Buenavista de Peñuelas – 20340 Aguascalientes). This airport is 24 kilometres to the south of Aguascalientes, and handles national and international air traffic.
9. Krystal Grand Hotel. (Paseo de la Reforma 1, México City).
10. Sheraton Maria Isabel & Towers Hotel. (Paseo de la Reforma 325, Col. Cuauhtémoc, Mexico City).
11. Intercontinental Presidente Mexico City Hotel (Campos Eliseos 218, Col. Polanco, México City).
Get more information about the exact location of the branches on the website of Global Exchange.[cta id=”20432″ align=”none”]